Desert Nightmare Concept Time
I have started full production mode on my graduate thesis, a film about deserts, nightmares and German Expressionism. By spring, I hope to have completed the backgrounds and a majority of the rough animation particularly on the nightmare sequence. The backgrounds have been a lot more time consuming than I initially anticipated, but are hugely important as this is where most of the expressionism and cool design elements come in to play. Here are a couple background and character tests I have been working on:
I did run into some problems exporting concepts as GIFs, as they all end up playing at 30fps instead of 24, and some of the colors don’t export quite right… but the gist of it is still there. Rough animation is on the way, I have a couple quick segments completed already and hope to post more tests soon!